Accounting and finance essentials
The aim of this course is to provide non-finance personnel with a good knowledge of accounting and finance principles. A team member with a good understanding of the role played by accounting and finance can feel empowered and be more efficient when making decisions. Those attending this course will gain a solid grasp of financial statements, working capital, cash flow and accounting ratios amongst others.
Target Audience: All non-finance personnel having a management or supervisory role.
Trainer: Sandeep Bonamally
Dates: 18 and 19 April 2019, from 9h00 to 16h00
Participants completing this course should be able to:
- Explain the nature and importance of accounting
- Explain the double entry accounting concept
- Examine, use and analyse financial statements
- Explore the difference between cash and profit
- Explain how profit is determined within an organisation
- Explain and use accounting ratios
- Examine and apply budgeting tools and techniques